Please see our updated store protocols following the most recent Public Heath Orders for the Bay Area.
Bike shops are considered an essential business, so we are here for you! Below are a few details about how your experience with Mike’s Bikes may be different during these COVID times. This is not a comprehensive list, and situations can vary from store to store, so feel free to call or text your local Mike’s Bikes with any questions, keeping in mind that call volume is extremely heavy.
- Capacity has been reduced inside the store to 20%. Each store has posted its max capacity of people allowed to be inside at once, and we are prohibited from exceeding that posted capacity.
- All Mike’s Bikes are currently operating, and are adhering to rigid safety standards for everyone's protection.
- We will continue to serve customers one-to-one. Please be prepared for a line. The store may make exceptions for certain situations.
- Due to reduced capacity, we encourage families or groups to limit themselves accordingly.
- All customers and all staff must wear a mask during any interaction, while waiting in line, and at all times inside of a Mike's Bikes store. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Eating or drinking is not permitted in our stores.
- Bikes in all categories remain in extremely short supply nationwide. New bikes are arriving every day, but in the current situation, we might not have the bike available that you want to see.
- Wheelsmith Tech Departments are open for repairs and tune-ups, but due to extreme demand, most stores have long turnaround times. Some stores are only accepting new work on bikes purchased from Mike’s.
- Wheelsmith Mobile Service is available for repairs and tune-ups on site at your home or office. Book online at www.mikesbikes.com/mobileservice
- Mikesbikes.com is fully staffed and operating at full capacity. Our local cycling experts are available to assist with orders. With the recent spike in order volume, we are experiencing delays with fulfillment, and UPS is also experiencing delays in deliveries.
- We encourage you to practice social distancing on two wheels at whatever distance you feel comfortable - full century, metric, or just a casual ride. If you ride with others, consider drafting from 6 feet.
This too will pass. In the meantime, keep calm and pedal on. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding!